Why Lawyers Should Use Managed Services Providers for API Integrations – Josh Blandi Writes in Attorney at Work
The practice of law continues to rapidly evolve with the introduction of new and innovative legal technology solutions, and there’s no need for law firms to sit on the sidelines when managed service providers (MSPs) can help them integrate Legal Data APIs and automation technologies to modernize their law firm operations. With MSPs, law firms can shake their API FOMO without hiring a team of engineers and take advantage of all that Legal Data as a Service (LDaaS) has to offer.
We’re thrilled to share UniCourt’s latest article in Attorney at Work, written by our CEO and Co-Founder, Josh Blandi. Josh’s article, “Why Lawyers Should Use Managed Services Providers for API Integrations” is the first in a three-part series on how lawyers can modernize their law practices by leveraging MSPs to integrate Legal Data APIs. In this article, Josh shares how lawyers can reimagine their law firms using APIs, some of the most common API use cases for law firms, and some of top reasons law firms should consider hiring an MSP for their integrations.
Here below is an excerpt from our latest article in Attorney at Work:
When it comes to using legal data to its fullest potential through automating processes with APIs, most small to medium-sized law firms see it as an insurmountable, Herculean challenge because they often lack the technical capacity and expertise in-house to make it happen.
This three-part series on deploying legal data APIs will:
- Walk you through automating cumbersome tasks with APIs, or application programming interfaces (without learning how to code yourself), by engaging with managed service providers (MSPs).
- Take a detailed look at how the process works from the perspective of MSPs that have assisted law firms in making their automation ideas a reality.
- Highlight takeaways from law firms that have gone through the process of engaging with MSPs to build automated solutions.
Reimagine Your Law Firm With Legal Data APIs
Before we dive into why you should engage MSPs to help your law firm take advantage of APIs, it’s important to reimagine how your firm can automate manual, ongoing tasks to make your life easier and your firm more profitable.
If this is the first time you’re reading about APIs, or you need a refresher, take a moment to read this article on “APIs for Lawyers: Saving Time Through Automation.” It will give you some real-world examples of how you’re already using APIs in your everyday tasks, from withdrawing money at ATMs to ordering your favorite pizza online. It also provides some concrete examples of how other firms are using APIs to remove time-consuming, nonbillable tasks.
What Can You Do With Legal Data APIs?
To give you a sense of what you can do with legal data APIs, here are some of the most common use cases for law firms:
- Automating business development and lead generation.
- Updating and tracking ongoing cases.
- Downloading court documents on-demand.
- Eliminating the need to log in to PACER or state court databases.
- Gathering competitive intelligence on your clients and competitors.
- Streamlining your case research and developing winning litigation strategies.
These are just a handful of the most popular ways firms are using legal data APIs to modernize their legal practices, achieve the work-life balance we’re all after, and boost profitability in the process.
Now that we have a general understanding of what APIs can do for you, let’s dive into how you can integrate them into your practice without needing to learn how to code or hire your own legal engineers.
You can read the full article here on Attorney at Work.
Want to integrate UniCourt’s Legal Data APIs, but don’t want to hire a slew of engineers?
Contact Us and let’s talk about how law firms are already using MSPs to short circuit API integrations and modernize their law firm operations.