On 01/16/2013 PORTFOLIO RECOVERY ASSOC LLC filed a Contract - Debt Collection lawsuit against MIREYA LAYNEZ. This case was filed in San Mateo County Superior Courts, Southern Branch Hall Of Justice And Records located in San Mateo, California. The case status is Disposed - Other Disposed.
Disposed - Other Disposed
San Mateo County Superior Courts
Southern Branch Hall Of Justice And Records
San Mateo, California
PORTFOLIO RECOVERYASSOCIATES LLC
120 Corporate Blvd
Norfolk, VA 23502
PROOF OF SERVICE (2) Comment PSMN: PROOF OF SERVICE BY MAIL OF JUD-100 SERVED ON MIREYA LAYNEZ FILED. DATE OF MAILING 04/12/14.
JUDGMENT Comment JDCL: JUDGMENT AFTER DEFAULT BY CLERK ENTERED ON 02/21/14 AS FOLLOWS:
DECLARATION (3) Comment DEC: DECLARATION REQUEST TO ENTER DEFAULD JUDGMENT CCP 585 FILED
DECLARATION (2) Comment DEC: DECLARATION COMPLIANCE WITH CCP 1033(B)(2) WAIVER OF ATTORNEY FEES FILED
REQUEST (2) Comment REQD1: REQUEST FOR DISMISSAL OF DOES/ROES ON THE COMPLAINT OF PORTFOLIO RECOVERY ASSOCIATES LLC WITHOUT PREJUDICE FILED AND ENTERED.
REQUEST Comment REQDE: REQUEST FOR DEFAULT FILED AND DEFAULT ENTERED ON COMPLAINT OF PORTFOLIO RECOVERY ASSOCIATES LLC AS TO MIREYA LAYNEZ.
PROOF OF SERVICE Comment PS: PROOF OF SERVICE (PERSONAL) OF SUMMONS AND COMPLAINT OF PORTFOLIO RECOVERY ASSOCIATES LLC SERVED ON MIREYA LAYNEZ WITH SERVICE DATE OF 01/29/13.
COVERSHEET Comment CCS: CIVIL CASE COVERSHEET RECEIVED
SUMMONS Comment S30IF: 30 DAY SUMMONS ISSUED AND FILED.
DECLARATION Comment DEC: DECLARATION RE REDUCED FILING FEES FILED.
COMPLAINT Comment COM5: (L) COMPLAINT FILED - PRAYER AMOUNT $10000.00 OR LESS.
Disposition: Judgment; Judgment Type; Judgment; Judgment - Monetary Award; Awarded To: PORTFOLIO RECOVERYASSOCIATES LLC; Awarded Against: LAYNEZ MIREYA; Comment: JUDGMENT ENTERED 02/21/14 JUDGMENT ENTERED ON COMPLAINT OF PORTFOLIO RECOVERY ASSOCIATES LLC FOR PORTFOLIO RECOVERY ASSOCIATES LLC DEFAULT JUDGMENT ENTERED AGAINST MIREYA LAYNEZ PRINCIPAL IS $1,400.74. ATTORNEY FEES ARE $0.00. INTEREST IS $180.50. COSTS ARE $236.00. TOTAL JUDGMENT $1,817.24.Read MoreRead Less
Proof of Service by MAIL of. Additional Info: PROOF OF SERVICE (2) Comment PSMN: PROOF OF SERVICE BY MAIL OF JUD-100 SERVED ON MIREYA LAYNEZ FILED. DATE OF MAILING 04/12/14.Read MoreRead Less
Conversion Minute. Additional Info: Comment TOT1: TOTAL JUDGMENT $1817.24Read MoreRead Less
Conversion Minute. Additional Info: Comment COSTS: COSTS ARE $236.00.Read MoreRead Less
Conversion Minute. Additional Info: Comment INT: INTEREST IS $180.50.Read MoreRead Less
Conversion Minute. Additional Info: Comment AF: ATTORNEY FEES ARE $0.00.Read MoreRead Less
Conversion Minute. Additional Info: Comment PRI: PRINCIPAL IS $1400.74.Read MoreRead Less
Conversion Minute. Additional Info: Comment JAGDF: DEFAULT JUDGMENT ENTERED AGAINST MIREYA LAYNEZRead MoreRead Less
Conversion Minute. Additional Info: Comment JFP: JUDGMENT ENTERED ON COMPLAINT OF PORTFOLIO RECOVERY ASSOCIATES LLC FOR PORTFOLIO RECOVERY ASSOCIATES LLCRead MoreRead Less
Judgment by Clerk. Additional Info: JUDGMENT Comment JDCL: JUDGMENT AFTER DEFAULT BY CLERK ENTERED ON 02/21/14 AS FOLLOWS:Read MoreRead Less
Cause Of Action. Additional Info: Action Complaint File Date 01/16/2013Read MoreRead Less
New Filed Case.Read MoreRead Less
Civil Case Cover Sheet. Additional Info: COVERSHEET Comment CCS: CIVIL CASE COVERSHEET RECEIVEDRead MoreRead Less
Summons Issued / Filed. Additional Info: SUMMONS Comment S30IF: 30 DAY SUMMONS ISSUED AND FILED.Read MoreRead Less
Declaration. Additional Info: DECLARATION Comment DEC: DECLARATION RE REDUCED FILING FEES FILED.Read MoreRead Less
Conversion Minute. Additional Info: Comment *FEE: 130116-0361-CK 131/ 181.00 PAYMTRead MoreRead Less
Complaint. Additional Info: COMPLAINT Comment COM5: (L) COMPLAINT FILED - PRAYER AMOUNT $10000.00 OR LESS.Read MoreRead Less
Financial info for PORTFOLIO RECOVERYASSOCIATES LLC : Case Payment Receipt # 201301160361 PORTFOLIO RECOVERYASSOCIATES LLC $181.00Read MoreRead Less
Financial info for PORTFOLIO RECOVERYASSOCIATES LLC : Transaction Assessment $181.00Read MoreRead Less
Financial: PORTFOLIO RECOVERYASSOCIATES LLC; Total Financial Assessment $181.00; Total Payments and Credits $181.00Read MoreRead Less
ATTORNEY OR PARTY WITHOUT ATTORNEY (Name, State Bar number, and address). EMILY PIERCE (BAR NO. 240084)JORDAN D. COOK (BAR NO. 173720)/LORI N. WILLIAMS (BAR NO. 242985) KRISTEN L. BRINKERHOFF (BAR NO. 263579 PORTFOLIO RECOVERY ASSOCIATES, LLC
NORFOLK, VA 23502 TELEPHONE NO: 1 (866) 428-8102 E-MAIL ADDRESS (Optional): ATTORNEY FOR (Name): PORTFOLIO RECOVERY ASSOCIATES, LLC
SUPERIOR COURT OF CALIFORNIA, COUNTY OF SAN MATEO
FAX NO. (Optional):.
STREET ADDRESS: 400 County Center, Room A MAILING ADDRESS: CITY AND ZIP CODE: Redwood City, CA 94063 BRANCH NAME: Southem Branch' Hall of Justice and Records
PLAINTIFF: PORTFOLIO RECOVERY ASSOCIATES, LLC DEFENDANT: MIREYA LAYNEZ
[x] COMPLAINT [_] AMENDED COMPLAINT (Numben):
[—_] AMENDED CROSS-COMPLAINT (Number):
Jurisdiction (check all that apply):
Amount demanded [ X | does not exceed $10,000 [ exceeds $10,000 but does not exceed $25,000 [_] ACTION IS AN UNLIMITED CIVIL CASE (exceeds $25,000) [_] ACTION IS RECLASSIFIED by this amended complaint or cross-complaint [ from limited to unlimited  from unlimited to limited
Plaintiff* (name or names): PORTFOLIO RECOVERY ASSOCIATES, LLC
alleges causes of action against defendant* (name or names):
3. a. Each plaintiff named above is a competent adult [x7] except plaintiff (name): PORTFOLIO RECOVERY ASSOCIATES, LLC (1) [ a corporation qualified to do business in California (2) [ an unicorporated entity (describe):
This pleading, including attachments and exhibits, consists of the following number of pages:
(3) [ x7] other (specify): A Limited Liability Company qualified to do business in California
b. [ ] Plaintiff (name):
a. [_] has complied with the fictitious business name laws and is doing business under the fictitious name (specify):
b. [_] has complied with all licensing requirements as a licensed (specify):
. Each defendant named above is a natural person [_] except defendant (name): (1) [C_] a business organization, form unknown (2) ] a corporation (3) [_] an unincorporated entity (describe):
(4) [_] a public entity (describe): (5) [ other (specitfy):
Form Approved for Optional Use Judicial Council of California PLD-C-001 [Rev. January 1, 2007]
. [__] Information about additional plaintiffs who are not competent aduits is shown in Attachement 3c.
[_] except defendant (name): (1) ] abusiness organization, form unknown (2)  a corporation (3) ] an unincorporated entity (describe):
(4) [__] a public entity (describe):
(5) [ other (specify):
* if this form is used as a cross-complaint, plaintiff means cross-complaintant and defendant means cross-defendant.
Page 10f2 Code of Clvil Procedure, § 425.12
SHORTTITLE: PORTFOLIO RECOVERY ASSOCIATES, LLC vs. MIREYA LAYNEZ CASE NUMBER:
4. (Continued) b. The true names of defendants sued as Does are unknown to plaintiff.
(1)  Doe defendants (specify Doe numbers): were the agents or employees of the named defendants and acted within the scope of that agency or employment.
(2) [C] Doe defendants (specify Doe numbers): are persons whose capacities are unknown to plaintiff.
c.  Information about additional defendants who are not natural persons is contained in Attachment 4c. d. [ Defendants who are joined under Code of Civil Procedure section 382 are (names):
5.  Ptaintiff is required to comply with a claims statute, and a. [_] has complied with applicable claims statutes, or b.  is excused from complying because (specify): 6. [_] This action is subjectto [_] Civil Code section 1812.10 [__] Civil Code section 2984.4. 7. This court is the proper court because a. [_] adefendant entered into the contract here. b. [_] adefendant lived here when the contract was entered into. . [x] a defendant lives here now. . ] the contract was to be performed here. .  adefendant is a corporation or unincorporated association and its principal place of business is here. ] real property that is the subject of this action is located here. . [ other (specify):
8. The following causes of action are attéched and the statements abcove apply to each (each complaint must have one or more causes of action attached):
[ Breach of Contract [x] Common Counts [[_] Other (specify):
9. [X] Other allegations: BEFORE COMMENCEMENT OF THIS ACTION, PLAINTIFF INFORMED THE DEFENDANT(S) IN
JUDGMENT AGAINST DEFENDANT(S) THAT WOULD INCLUDE, IF APPLICABLE, COURT COSTS AND NECESSARY DISBURSEMENTS ALLOWED BY CCP SECTION 1033(B)(2).
10. Plaintiff prays for judgment for costs of suit; for such relief as is fair, just, and equitable; and for a. [x] damages of: $ 1,400.74 b. [x] interest on the damages (1)] according to proof (2)[x] atthe rate of (specify): 10 percent per year from (date): 12/16/2011 c.  attomey's fees M of:$ (2)[_] according to proof. d. [X] other (specify): NOTICE TO THE DEFENDANT(S): ALL NOTICES, LETTERS, PAYMENTS, AND OTHER PAPERS ARE
UNLESS SUCH TIME, IF ANY, THAT YOU RECEIVE FORMAL WRITTEN NOTICE OF A CHANGE OR SUBSTITUTION OF ATTORNEY BY PLAINTIFF.
- 11  The paragraphs of this pleading alleged on information and belief are as follows (specify paragraph numbers):
c d e f. g
Date: November 21, 2012
Jordan D. Cook/Lori N. WilliamlemiIg Pierce/Kristen L. Brinkerhoff >
. (If you wisr; to verify this pleading, affix a verification.)