On 01/10/2013 MIDLAND FUNDING LLC filed a Contract - Debt Collection lawsuit against FLOR MATOS ETAL. This case was filed in San Mateo County Superior Courts, Southern Branch Hall Of Justice And Records located in San Mateo, California. The case status is Disposed - Other Disposed.
Disposed - Other Disposed
Southern Branch Hall Of Justice And Records
San Mateo, California
MIDLAND FUNDING LLC
ETSELL, KAREN L
Acknowledgment of Satisfaction of Judgment
WRIT (3) Comment WRITR: WRIT OF EXECUTION FROM ALAMEDA COUNTY RETURNED WHOLLY SATISFIED.
JUDGMENT Comment JDCL: JUDGMENT AFTER DEFAULT BY CLERK ENTERED ON 02/11/14 AS FOLLOWS:
AFFIDAVIT Comment AFF: AFFIDAVIT IN SUPPORT OF DEFAULT JUDGMENT PURS. CCP 585 BY * FILED
DECLARATION (3) Comment DEC: DECLARATION RE: CCP 1033; INTEREST AND EC 1550
REQUEST (2) Comment REQD1: REQUEST FOR DISMISSAL OF DOES/ROES ON THE COMPLAINT OF MIDLAND FUNDING LLC WITHOUT PREJUDICE FILED AND ENTERED.
REQUEST Comment REQDE: REQUEST FOR DEFAULT FILED AND DEFAULT ENTERED ON COMPLAINT OF MIDLAND FUNDING LLC AS TO FLOR MATOS.
PROOF OF SERVICE Comment PSS: PROOF OF SERVICE (SUB-SERVICE) OF SUMMONS AND COMPLAINT OF MIDLAND FUNDING LLC AS TO FLOR MATOS BY SUB-SERVING IVAN DOE, CO-RESIDENT. MAILING DATE OF 01/21/13.
DECLARATION Comment DEC: DECLARATION OF VENUE
DECLARATION (2) Comment DECL: DECLARATION REDUCED FILING FEE FILED BY MIDLAND FUNDING LLC
COVERSHEET Comment CCS: CIVIL CASE COVERSHEET RECEIVED
SUMMONS Comment S30IF: 30 DAY SUMMONS ISSUED AND FILED.
COMPLAINT Comment COM: (S) COMPLAINT FILED
Disposition: Judgment; Judgment Type; Judgment; Judgment - Monetary Award; Awarded To: MIDLAND FUNDING LLC; Awarded Against: MATOS FLOR; Comment: JUDGMENT ENTERED 02/11/14 JUDGMENT ENTERED ON COMPLAINT OF MIDLAND FUNDING LLC FOR MIDLAND FUNDING LLC DEFAULT JUDGMENT ENTERED AGAINST FLOR MATOS PRINCIPAL IS $2,592.32. ATTORNEY FEES ARE $0.00. INTEREST IS $0.00. COSTS ARE $246.00. TOTAL JUDGMENT $2,838.32.Read MoreRead Less
Acknowledgment of Satisfaction of Judgment. Additional Info: Acknowledgment of Satisfaction of JudgmentRead MoreRead Less
Conversion Action. Additional Info: Comment JST: JUDGMENT ENTERED 02/11/14 -- SATISFIEDRead MoreRead Less
Conversion Action. Additional Info: WRIT (3) Comment WRITR: WRIT OF EXECUTION FROM ALAMEDA COUNTY RETURNED WHOLLY SATISFIED.Read MoreRead Less
Conversion Minute. Additional Info: Comment *FEE: 150127-0504-CK 141/ 25.00 PAYMTRead MoreRead Less
Writ of Execution Issued. Additional Info: Comment WEM: WRIT OF EXECUTION FOR MONEY ISSUED TO ALAMEDA COUNTY IN THE AMOUNT OF $2863.32Read MoreRead Less
Conversion Minute. Additional Info: Comment TOT1: TOTAL JUDGMENT $2838.32Read MoreRead Less
Conversion Minute. Additional Info: Comment COSTS: COSTS ARE $246.00.Read MoreRead Less
Conversion Minute. Additional Info: Comment INT: INTEREST IS $0.00.Read MoreRead Less
Conversion Minute. Additional Info: Comment AF: ATTORNEY FEES ARE $0.00.Read MoreRead Less
New Filed Case.Read MoreRead Less
Declaration. Additional Info: DECLARATION Comment DEC: DECLARATION OF VENUERead MoreRead Less
Declaration. Additional Info: DECLARATION (2) Comment DECL: DECLARATION REDUCED FILING FEE FILED BY MIDLAND FUNDING LLCRead MoreRead Less
Civil Case Cover Sheet. Additional Info: COVERSHEET Comment CCS: CIVIL CASE COVERSHEET RECEIVEDRead MoreRead Less
Summons Issued / Filed. Additional Info: SUMMONS Comment S30IF: 30 DAY SUMMONS ISSUED AND FILED.Read MoreRead Less
Conversion Minute. Additional Info: Comment *FEE: 130110-0213-CK 132/ 181.00 PAYMTRead MoreRead Less
Complaint. Additional Info: COMPLAINT Comment COM: (S) COMPLAINT FILEDRead MoreRead Less
Financial info for MIDLAND FUNDING LLC : Case Payment Receipt # 201301100213 MIDLAND FUNDING LLC $181.00Read MoreRead Less
Financial info for MIDLAND FUNDING LLC : Transaction Assessment $181.00Read MoreRead Less
Financial: MIDLAND FUNDING LLC; Total Financial Assessment $181.00; Total Payments and Credits $181.00Read MoreRead Less
4, At all times herein mentioned, Defendants, and each of them, were the principals, agents employers, employees, masters, or servants of each of their co-defendants and ratified, adopted o approved the acts or omissions alleged herein, and each defendant, in doing the things alleged, were
acting in the course and scope of said authority of such agents, servants, and employees.
9. Plaintiff Midland Funding, LLC owns portfolios of consumer receivables, which it
attempts to collect. When working with individual consumers, Plaintiff Midland Funding, LLC and its
affiliates (collectively, “Midland™) generally attempt to contact consumers like Defendant through severa
means, all in an effort to establish contact and to resolve the underlying obligation. In doing so, Midland] px¢
o < attempts to assess each consumer’s willingness to pay, through phone calls, letters or other means (L
Midland attempts to exclude consumers from its collection efforts, where Midland believes those >
Midland attempts to exclude consumers from its collection efforts, where Midland believes those > consumers are facing extenuating circumstances or hardships that would prevent them from making an payments. 10. When Midland contacts consumers, it strives to treat consumers with respect, compassio
consumers are facing extenuating circumstances or hardships that would prevent them from making an payments. 10. When Midland contacts consumers, it strives to treat consumers with respect, compassio
and integrity. Midland works with consumers in an effort to find mutually-bencficial solutions, often
offering discounts, hardship plans, and payment options. Midland’s cfforts are aimed at working with consumers to repay their obligations and to attain financial recovery. Midland strives to engage i dialogue that is honorable and constructive, and to play a positive role in consumers’ lives.
11. Despite Midland’s efforts to reach consumers and resolve the consumer’s obligations, onl a percentage of consumers choose to engage with Midland. Those who do are often offered discounts o payment plans that are intended to suit their needs. Midland would prefer to work with consumers to establish voluntary payment arrangements resulting in the resolution of any underlying obligations.
12. However, the majority of Midland’s consumers ignore calls or letters, and some simpl refuse to repay their obligations despite an apparent ability to do so. When this happens, Midland mus decide then whether to pursue collection through legal channels, including litigation like the presen action against Defendant. Although the Account is now in litigation, Plaintiff remains willing to explore a mutually-beneficial solution through voluntary payment arrangements, if possible.
(Account State_d) | ,
13. Plaintiff rcalleges and incorporates by reference the foregoing paragraphs.
14. Within the last four (4) years, Defendant became indebted on the Account to Plaintiff i the sum of $2,592.32 on an account stated in writing by and between Plaintiff and Defendant in which if was agreed that Defendant was indebted to Plaintiff.
15. Plaintiff has made demand on Defendant for repayment of the account stated bu Defendant has failed and refused to pay the balance due.
16. As of the date of this complaint, therc is due and owing the unpaid the sum of $2,592.32 less credits or adjustments of $0.00.
WHEREFORE, Plaintiff prays for judgment against Defendants as follows:
On the First Cause of Action: