UniCourt is searching for a Software Engineering Manager with excellent communication skills, who can lead a team of Data Engineers and QA Engineers in charge of developing new crawlers and maintaining existing crawlers to parse information from several public data sources.
About the Job
UniCourt is seeking an energetic Engineering Manager who has great people and project management skills with SDLC experience. This role requires a strong ability to plan resource allocation for software deliverables and problem solving skills related to data extraction from public websites. A background in understanding how websites/ web servers work and how to crawl and extract massive amounts of data is necessary to succeed in this role.
UniCourt is a leader in making court data more accessible and useful with our Legal Data as a Service (LDaaS). We provide real-time access to court data through our APIs and online app for business development and intelligence, litigation analytics, litigation tracking, case research, investigations, background checks, due diligence, compliance, underwriting, machine learning models, and process automation.
We provide access to court data from state and federal courts to a diverse list of clients, including Fortune 500 companies and AmLaw firms and industries such as legal, insurance, finance, investigations, government, education, nonprofits, and consumers.
UniCourt is a legal technology company focused on using technology to unlock the potential of legal data. We are based in both California and Mangalore, India and our team includes legal professionals, data scientists, physicists, computer engineers, and sales and marketing, professionals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage multiple teams of Data Engineers and QA Engineers.
- Clearly define the requirements and user stories for a feature and work with technical team to come up with the functionality, proposals, and time estimates to get approval for implementation.
- Work with stakeholders, the sales department, market surveys, and domain experts in the industry to come up with multiple software proposals based on inputs.
- Plan sprints and releases by prioritizing tasks to be included in a sprint after discussions with stakeholders.
- Enforce the software development life cycle and bring in process improvements in development, testing, and deployment.
- Ensure high quality of the product with QA engineers to implement different testing methodologies such as regression, automation, and performance tests, and review test plans.
- Review release checklist and standardize reports to be submitted with every release.
- Work closely with team members to ensure timely deliverables.
- Communicate team statuses and task accomplishments, and intervene when necessary to help the team resolve issues.
- Be the point of contact for dependencies with other teams and coordinate and resolve issues.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Engineering.
- 8+ years of work experience in the IT or tech industry.
- 2+ years of product management experience.
- Started your career as a developer and progressed to the role of a Project Manager.
- Managed 10+ engineers (developers and QAs).
- Excellent at project planning, estimation, and execution.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience managing data collection from multiple sources, such as manual, automated, data dumps, and ETL.
- Experience using RDBMS such as PostgreSQL and GraphDB such as Neo4J.
- Experience using project management tools like Jira.
Nice to Have Skills & Experience
- Ability to do a quick code review.
- Familiarity with Microservices architecture and CI/CD pipelines.
- DevOps for build and release.
UniCourt is an equal opportunity employer, meaning that we do not discriminate in favor of or against anyone based on age, race, religion, gender, ethnicity, or any other legally protected class. Job description, duties, and hours are subject to change. This is an at-will position