About the Job
UniCourt is seeking an energetic Business Development Associate who is a self-starter and has a passion for building relationships with prospective customers. The Business Development Associate is responsible for driving new business revenue through the sale of UniCourt products, services, data, and content to Fortune 500 companies and AmLaw Firms.
This role requires the Business Development Associate to originate enterprise subscriptions across diverse industries such as legal, insurance, finance, investigations, government, education, and nonprofits. We are looking for a team-player who is excited to work alongside smart sales, marketing, and support professionals to achieve both individual and team targets and ensure an amazing client experience.
This position will report to the Sales Manager and Team Lead at the Mangalore, India office location
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for achieving individual and team sales targets where applicable.
- Manage the early stages of the sales pipeline. Originate, triage, follow up, and schedule demos from sales campaigns. 50+ contacts per day required (calls, chats, emails, social media) with all activities being documented in CRM.
- Probe and understand customer needs using a consultative approach to identify and anticipate issues and then provide the most suitable product (solution).
- Available to customers as point of contact for sales and product questions.
- Provide timely responses to customers and ensure turn around time on calls, chats, and emails is met.
- Document and relay customer product feedback and stay attuned to changes and market trends in the legal tech space.
- Maintain deep knowledge of the products and services that UniCourt and its competitors offer.
- Assist and collaborate with team members in originating, following up, closing, and servicing customers.
- 2+ years in consultative sales generating new business.
- An undergraduate degree, no exceptions.
- Must be self motivated and have a strong sense of proprietorship.
- Excellent interpersonal skills coupled with strong negotiation and closing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be comfortable with sales software tools (CRM, etc.) and Google and Microsoft business products (word, excel, powerpoint, etc.)
- Must be flexible and fungible based on market developments.
- Ability to travel and attend industry trade shows and conferences.
Nice to Have Skills & Experience
- Prior experience in SaaS or legal tech sales.
- Candidates who hold a law degree (LLB).
- Prior experience in the legal industry (law firm, consulting, legal tech, legal support).
- Prior experience using legal research apps, APIs, or other legal or technical tools.
- Prior experience in system integrations and implementations.
UniCourt requires the Business Development Associate position to report in person at the Mangalore, India office location, initially no remote working.
UniCourt is an equal opportunity employer, meaning that we do not discriminate in favor of or against anyone based on age, race, religion, gender, ethnicity or any other legally protected class. Job description, duties and hours are subject to change. This is an at-will position.