UniCourt is seeking an energetic Business Development Executive who is a self-starter and has a passion for building relationships with prospective customers. The Business Development Executive is responsible for driving new business revenue through the sale of UniCourt products, services, data, and content to Fortune 500 companies and AmLaw Firms.
This role requires the Business Development Executive to originate enterprise subscriptions across diverse industries such as legal, insurance, finance, investigations, government, education, and nonprofits. We are looking for a team-player who is excited to work alongside smart sales, marketing, and support professionals to achieve both individual and team targets and ensure an amazing client experience.
This position will report to the VP of Sales and Sales Manager at the Tustin, California office location.
- Responsible for achieving individual and team sales targets where applicable.
- Originate, triage, follow up, and schedule demos from sales campaigns. 50+ contacts per day required (calls, chats, emails, social media) with all activities being documented in CRM.
- Probe and understand customer needs using a consultative approach to identify and anticipate issues and then provide the most suitable product (solution).
- Post sales follow up with customers to check on product satisfaction, address questions, check app usage, and proactively look for upsell opportunities.
- Available to customers and main point of contact for sales and product questions.
- Required to develop and maintain good, long term relationships with customers.
- Assist and collaborate with team members in originating, following up, closing, and servicing customers.
- Provide timely responses to customers and ensure turn around time on calls, chats, and emails is met.
- Document and relay customer product feedback and stay attuned to changes and market trends in the legal tech space.
- Maintain deep knowledge of the products and services that UniCourt and its competitors offer
- 5+ years in consultative sales generating new business.
- A bachelor’s degree (BS or BA), no exceptions.
- Must be self motivated and have a strong sense of proprietorship.
- Excellent interpersonal skills coupled with strong negotiation and closing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be comfortable with sales software tools (CRM, etc.) and Google and Microsoft business products (word, excel, powerpoint, etc.)
- Must be flexible and fungible based on market developments.
- Ability to travel and attend industry trade shows and conferences.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Good to Have Skills
- Prior experience in SaaS or legal tech sales.
- Candidates who hold a law or master’s degrees (JD or MBA).
- Prior experience in the legal industry (law firm, consulting, legal tech, legal support).
- Prior experience using legal research apps, APIs, or other legal or technical tools.
- Prior experience in system integrations and implementations.
UniCourt requires the Business Development Executive position to report in person at the Tustin, California office location, initially no remote working.
UniCourt is a dog friendly office. Those who are not comfortable around dogs or who have dog allergies should be advised that there are typically multiple dogs roaming the office at any given time.
UniCourt is an equal opportunity employer, meaning that we do not discriminate in favor of or against anyone based on age, race, religion, gender, ethnicity or any other legally protected class. Job description, duties and hours are subject to change. This is an at-will position.